Coats Dabond 2000 is a bonded, twisted continuous filament polyester thread. Combining superior sewing performance with excellent UV and abrasion protection, Coats Dabond is specifically designed to provide resistance against harsh weather making it an excellent thread for outdoor use.
Coats Dabond 2000 is most notably used in the manufacturing of sails and other outdoor and marine applications. Unlike conventional polyester bonded threads, Dabond has exceptional bond cohesion, giving it excellent sewing properties even in the toughest of conditions.
- Sail making
- Outdoor goods
- Sports equipment
- Military applications
- Lift slings
- Tie downs
- Applications requiring vinyl and chlorine bleach-fastness
Features & Benefits
- Excellent UV resistance for applications exposed to marine water and sunlight.
- Unique bonding technology that safeguards against ply untwisting in zig zag sewing and can sew through many layers of heavily finished fabric.
- Dual level lubricated finish for needle heat protection and smooth sewing.
- Excellent bleach, mildew and rot resistance.
- Environmentally friendly.
- High tensile strength, low stretch.
- Excellent consistency.
- Abrasion resistant.
- No knots/breaks.
- Formerly Hemingway & Bartlett Dabond 2000 - UV.
Thread Style Suggested Cloth Weight (US oz) Needle Size Imperial / mm Tex Breaking Strength (N) Average Yeild Per Spool (m) V46 0.75-3.00 12-15 / 80-95 70 33 3000 V69 3.00-5.00 15-18 / 95-110 100 50 2500 V92 5.00-9.50 17-20 / 105-125 130 66 2500 V138 8.00-10.5 19-21 / 120-130 220 103 1500 V207 9.50-16.0 21-23 / 130-160 310 147 2000
Colour disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to show colours as true as possible, due to variation in monitors and browsers the actual colour may vary from that seen online. Screen images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct.